Facebook is changing it’s name to Meta. Which is designed to be inclusive of the other properties owned by the company. We thought this would be a good time to find some Facebook Facts and put them out in the world and maybe even the Metaverse
- American and Canadian users make up only 10% of Facebook users worldwide.
- India has 22.3% of all Facebook users with a whopping 290 million users
- 66% of the United Kingdoms population are Facebook users
- A quarter of the worlds population log in to Facebook everyday. A total of 1.62 billion users daily.
- Facebook mobile users represent 88% of total users
One Facebook Minute
- 400 users create new accounts
- 510,000 comments are posted
- 136,000 photos are uploaded
- 4 million post are liked
Age of Users
- 40% are 65 years old and up
- 84% of millennials are Facebook users
- 74% of Gen X uses Facebook
- Men using Facebook between the ages of 18-24 make up 15%
- Facebooks largest demographic is Men aged between 25 and 34.
- Female users between the ages of 24-35 are responsible for 13% of users
Traffic and Advertising
- Mobile Facebook advertisements were responsible for an estimated 36 billion calls to US businesses in 2019.
- The highest global Facebook traffic occurs on Wednesday and Thursday, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 93% of Social Marketers use Facebook
- In the third quarter of 2019, ad impressions had increased by 37%
- In the third quarter of 2019, the cost per ad impression decreased by 6%.
- 94% of Facebooks ad revenue stemming from mobile devices.
- Facebook brought in an estimated 34.35 billion dollars just in mobile ad revenue in 2019.
- This is a 106% increase from the 12.37 billion spent on ads in 2016
- Facebook mobile users spend 57 minutes on the app per day
- This is the average time that people use the Facebook app every day, totalling an average of 28 hours every month, or a yearly 14 complete days, with an estimated 20,000 minutes a year.
- Mobile-first video ads generate more than half of Facebook’s total video revenue
- Videos are responsible for 11% of Facebook Content
- 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook daily
- 8 billion video views are gained daily
- Videos originally posted on Facebook have 10x the potential reach of other video sites such as YouTube
- A recent study found that people watch 85% of videos without sound
- Square videos get 35% more views that those in landscape
- If a Facebook video is watched for longer than 3 seconds, it counts as a view.