Quick Confirmed Facts the Assassination!
10 Quick Confirmed Facts about the Assassination of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
- Shinzo Abe, 67, was shot from behind while giving a campaign speech outside a train station in Nara.
- Abe was airlifted to a nearby hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
- Shinzo Abe was Japan’s longest-serving leader when he resigned in 2020.
- Police arrested the suspected shooter, Tetsuya Yamagami, 41, on suspicion of murder.
- Tetsuya Yamagami served in Japan’s navy, the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force, for the three years.
- Police said Yamagami admitted to shooting Shinzo Abe.
- Tetsuya Yamagami told investigators he plotted to kill Abe because he believes the former leader is connected to a certain organization which caused his mother’s financial hardships. The police did not identify the group.
- The firearm used by Tetsuya Yamagami to kill Abe was improvised using common household materials.
- The firearm was constructed using a pair of pipes, a wooden block, duct tape, lithium batteries, wire & metal balls for projectiles.
- For more details Please continue reading.
The Assassination of Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe!
Former Japanese Abe Shinzo, the longest serving Prime Minister in the history of Japan, was shot in the chest and the neck while giving a speech on the election trail in Nara, Japan on Friday July 8th, 2022.
The man who killed Shinzo Abe, 41 year old Tetsuya Yamagami, calmly walked up behind Abe and fired two shots from a homemade firearm, the fatal gunshot wounds striking him in the chest and neck.
Motive: Believes Shinzo Abe was part of a group responsible for his mother’s bankruptcy.
Yamagami believes the former Prime Minister was part of a religious group he said is responsible for his mother’s financial ruin and he spent months planning the attack and building the homemade gun, police told local media on Saturday.
Shortly after getting two shots off with the homemade gun, police captured 41-year-old Tetsuya Yamagami. They also retrieved the murder weapon from the shooter at the scene.
Yamagami spent three years in the Japanese Navy, the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force.
Homemade Firearm used to Assassinate Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
The Homemade gun was likely assembled using a pair of pipe guns, a wooden block and duct tape.
The weapon also features battery-like parts below the barrels.
Modern rechargeable lithium batteries which are often used in our electrical devices such as cellphones and laptops are used to heat the agent inside a shell which is generally filled with some kind of explosive and metal balls.
An electric wire can be seen in the images from the scene. All but confirming lithium batteries were used in the firing mechanism.
Factory made firearms are strictly regulated in Japan. Assembly of homemade weapons using everyday items such as iron pipes, fireworks, batteries and wood can easily bypass surveillance.
Homemade Firearms are Extremely Difficult to Detect!
Special Thanks to India Today for the above Image.
One of the obvious flaws of such guns is the limited firing range that does not make them a wise weapon of choice in most situations.
However, such weapons are often used when a weapon is needed in a location with high restrictions and secure surveillance, such as prisons, and can be used to cause lethal damage in close proximity.
Video shot during the speech shows the suspect, Yamagami Tetsuya, standing behind Abe and walking towards him before he opened fire on the 67-year-old. Who was the longest serving Prime Minister in the history of Japan.
The existence of such firearms is a challenge for the security agencies tasked with protecting high-profile individuals all over the world.
Homemade guns like the one used by Yamagami Tetsuya to assassinate Shinzo Abe are nearly impossible to detect once concealed and in the hands of a determined individual.
A Famous prison break in Germany using a homemade gun!
Bonus Fact: In May 1984, two inmates at a German jail used metal bedposts, match-heads, light bulbs and simple batteries to create a gun and stage a jail-break.
Don’t forget to share “Homemade Gun used – 10 Quick Facts on Assassination of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan”.]]>